Thursdays are only good for one thing: being the day before Friday.
Except today.
I got a call from my boss at 8:45am. "Oh shit, I must've fucked up one of our ad campaigns so badly that she's calling my cell," I thought.
Turns out there was some huge power outage at work. There was no way it could be fixed. Showing up would be completely pointless.
"Enjoy your day off," she said.
So today I cleaned a bit in the living room, washed some dishes, read a new book, went back to sleep, had lunch at Gordon's work, had lunch at Katrina's work, visited my old stomping grounds at Universal McCann, and actually made a 6:30 dinner with friends. On a normal workday, 6:30 is when I unwrap the second half of my 12-inch Subway club at my desk while I continue to work.
I guess that's all. Just wanted to update today because every update until now has been a recycled apology for not updating because I can't learn to balance free time with work. Today, however, a free day fell from the sky. The beauty of it was that I didn't know about it ahead of time, and I made no plans. It was purely things I wanted to do if I ever had the time, and I had it.
There should be more days like this. And I wouldn't be surprised if there are. Things are a little off, I should say, at work. Anyone who keeps up with the entertainment biz can understand why. So, here I go for the ride. Cowabunga dudes.
And go Bruins! And Happy Birthday Brett! 24 years to match that 24-inch python. And I'm not talking about arms here folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment