Wednesday, May 30, 2007

How do you say "runny" in Chinese?

I had a tremendously awesome weekend.

Friday me and Jules double-dated with some fine K/Cat's to Garden Cafe in Alhambra. BEST late-night Chinese food, period. Well, it's the only late-night Chinese food I've eaten, but I'm confident it's the best.

Saturday, the double-date continued at the Beverly Center. Luckily, I escaped without purchasing another one of the new Charger jerseys. Champs would've emptied my money clip for sure if they had a dark blue Merriman.

At night, PTK and Jennie started arriving. It was a fun night. One can never go wrong with King's Cup and Big Tomy's.

Sunday, with the help of my resourceful girlfriend and generous UCLA friends, we managed to get into Jam Day at UCLA to snack on some fried catfish and see LUPE FIASCO and JILL SCOTT!

I haven't been in the audience of a hip hop concert for years, and Lupe's the only new cat on the scene I've wanted to see, so it was a refreshing feeling to see him perform. I don't listen to many female artists (not sexist, just don't relate as much to the lyrics), but Jill Scott made me want to go dig up one of her CDs that I bought and never listened to.

Afterwards, Matt met Katrina's roomate Jade. Something I've wanted to see for a while because they both remind me of each other. Katrina doesn't think Matt did too well, picking Jade up off the ground and all after a friendly hug, but I hope he didn't ruin his already slim chances (she thinks he looks like her brother).

Katty met up with us and we had a very chill but enjoyable night at the apartment. The girls fell asleep drunk, and the guys sat around laughing at Matt. Now that's a good time.

On Monday, Rosey came through but then one by one, everyone began to leave. Including Julius. And I became sad. Now I know how Marc and Tony feel when we leave Vegas. The friends rarely travel so far with so many people, so when it's over it's pretty depressing.

Thanks everyone who stayed at Hotel Tomeboys this past weekend! There's not a better way to spend the holiday weekend.

Two more days til another weekend!


2 comments:

Marc R. said...

hah yea, it's such a lonely feeling when the friends leave us. man soo jealous we missed out on the la fun.

a_bernice said...

okaye so, i was SO disappointed you left lj, but kat convinced me to bookmark your page. so i have, and today i caught up on all your entries. pretty stalker status, huh?

anyways, keep it up. we, the working class, have to entertain to each other.