I guess it'll help me get used to the switch if I keep updating.
For my ad class, the founder/president/ceo or whatever (basically the head honcho) of D'Amores Pizza came to class because our homework was to make ads for his restaurant. The guy's a businessman and Italian (not sure what I mean by that), so most of the time he jabbered about how he was from a poor immigrant family and built his business on an old family recipe, yadadada yadadaa.
Couldn't tell what was true or what was good old-fashion salesmanship, but it was inspiring nonetheless. Three things I respected: 1. he believed he had a QUALITY product, 2. he worked through tough times because he knew he had a quality product, and 3. he had morals.
Best of all, he brought free pizza! So support D'Amores. It's a little expensive, but a lot healthier and very tasty. (Boom I just came up with my new ad!) I think they got one in Vegas for you Marc.
Work was eventful today. Most of the time was spent on the two most pointless things a corporation can force its employees to do. #1 was a nationwide conference call of all the agency's offices, from NY to LA (zZzZzZz). #2 was a mandatory building fire drill.
The white guy next to me was designated as our area's 'safety warden', but the fucker skipped out on work today and since I'm young and capable of carrying old people down stairwells if needed, I was given his duties for the day. My main duty was to make sure no one was trying to hide under their desk and ditch the drill, so it wasn't too interesting. The worst part was wearing a bright orange vest like the airport runway guys the whole time. That shit wasn't cool. But I made the best of it, and I'd like to thank Dwight from 'The Office' Season 2 for being my inspiration.
Woohoo it's the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment