Thanksmas 2007 was a hit! Thanks to all the Bay Area saxoners and friends for coming down and keeping our annual celebrations. I ate a boatload of food, took a mean dukes, then ate some more! I scored a Polaroid during the white elephant, and everyone had a good time.
The clubbers went clubbing, and the boring guys (me and my roomates) opted to watch a movie. Beowulf 3-D was....I don't know? Truly innovative movie-making, but cool effects can only go so far. I recommend renting the DVD and watching it cross-eyed if you want the 3-D effect.
So UCLA lost to USC. Not the most earthshaking heartbreaker of a loss. But I did talk a whole lot of shit at work ON Friday, and I'm fully prepared to absorb a verbal spanking from the Trojan alumni in the office on Monday.
A more depressing Bruin defeat was tonight against Texas. But it's still early in the season. And we played with heart after a tough first half. And Texas looked like a damn good team. Hopefully we'll get our revenge late in March.
But most importantly, the Chargers won. The Ravens and Chiefs aren't exactly the cream of the crop of the NFL, but winning feels good, and hopefully gives our team some of that 14-2 swagger they had last year.
I did a lot of holiday shopping. These holiday sales are the devil man. For every gift I buy for someone else I end up buying something for myself.
Congratulations and best wishes to KC and Katrina's cousin Christy. Both got married last Saturday the 18th. I got to see Christy and her new husband Francis, as well as party with the rest of the Niervas at Zosa Gardens. What a charming little place. And I thank my lucky stars that the Nierva elder cousins are NOTHING like the Nocons. You'll be glad to know that I didn't have the front door slammed on me, nor told to sit on any of the kuyas' laps, and I definitely didn't have to leave crying.
I saw pictures of KC's wedding and I'm glad that after a long road of ups and downs, she's found a lasting happiness. And after seeing photos of Jermaine, he definitely won't be getting bullied by the Nocon guys.
Work has been hectic. There have been a lot of changes at the top of the food chain, and so everything else gets affected. We're all getting pushed to our limits. But in advertising and media, you gotta pay your dues. The one bright side is that I have nowhere to go but up, so I'm "ready to strike" (stole that from the Chargers' team schedule).
Also congratulations to my Iron Woman girlfriend, who, after feasting with us for Thanksmas, drove down to SD, slept at 1, and woke up at 6 to run in the 5-mile Race for the Cure. That's some livestrong shit that I'll never be able to do.
Well, don't want this to get too long, or you'll regret being excited that I updated.
1 comment:
damn it, man. i thought you were gonna update last night.
Post a Comment