Friday, November 23, 2007

WAC Friday

God bless my Uncle Willie. He owns Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving dinner was small this year. I think it was the first since Tatay's passing that all the Nocons didn't celebrate together. Thanks to Uncle Willie and family for offering his house and superb hospitality skills to my family. Smaller gathering, but the food and laughs were just as abundant as years past.

The mall today wasn't hella hell. I missed the best deals by going in the afternoon, but still made some decent purchases.

My biggest accomplishment over the past two days was catching up with this season of Friday Night Lights. What an awesome show. It's set in rural Texas and I don't relate to the characters at all, but this show's script and the way it addresses teen issues is the most accurate portrayal of high school that I've seen on TV. The football scenes still suck, but no show is perfect.

I watched Hawaii defeat Boise St. today for the WAC championship, out of respect for my Dad's team. It was nice seeing touchdowns and long drives throughout the duration of an entire game. I've had to suffer through some pretty horrendous performances by the UCLA and Charger offenses for most of the season. So fight on Warriors, and screw that BCS up by showing more dominance than any of the powerhouse football schools.

I need to clean my car tomorrow. That's all.

No comments: