Thursday, August 28, 2008

August is a busy month

So my birthday ended happily ever after. I ate an ocean's worth of raw fish. I saw all my favorite people in LA and was touched that the BCF and the BBF decided to drive out for my birthday.

I got some sweet gifts throughout the weekend. On Thursday, Katrina took me to Roy's for some high karate dining. Sitting below tiki torches on a hot Pasadena night eating some Macadamia crusted mahi mahi--man, I felt like I was in a Hawaiian paradise (minus the sore throat and coughing, of course). Thanks sweet lady and thanks to all who went out of their way to get me something!

I took the next two days easy. I had to flake on Rick's camping trip and spent Friday night eating dinner with the fam and catching up on Friday Night Lights online. Seriously, that show is the most underrated show of the past 2 years. Wake up, America.

I should also mention that I went suit shopping at the Men's Fashion Depot. I think the foreign guy who's in the commercials ("Price, Value, Selection, Nobody Even Comes Close....Where are you all going?....THE MEN'S FASHION DEPOT!") talked to me. I've never gone suit shopping so I was looking like the Encino Man in there. The foreign guy just looked at me, told me my size, and guided me to the correct aisle. Glad to know fame hasn't gone to his head.

On Saturday, I spent some time with Katrina's family and got to see some more high karate life at Club Envy at the Ivy. Nice place and good times but the drinks are expensive and the DJ totally butchered BBD's "Poison" by mixing it with some gay club techno house shit.

Sunday the Nocon Edition got together for one of our last practices before Kuya War's wedding. It's gonna be a doozy.

This past week has been a blur. I've been so excited for Lance's birthday/Kuya War's wedding/4 days off of work that I'm just waiting for the days to pass.

On Monday, our company softball team advanced to the Semifinals in our league. Two wins away from my first championship in anything other than a band tournament.

All week long I've been drinking Tazo Zen tea like crazy and popping Wellness Formula pills, trying to get completely healthy for the weekend.

Well, that was pretty much absent of any insight or deep reflection on life, but I just wanted to document how this week went, and how significant the days to come will be.

The only un-exciting thing is that I'll miss Katty's birthday activities, but hopefully I'll get a chance to see the friends some time this weekend.

Other news & notes:
* I've become addicted to the show Mad Men on AMC, not just cause I'm kinda sorta in advertising, but it's just a good show.
* Don't know what to make of the Shawne Merriman decision. I fear for the guy, but it's the best decision for the team this year.
* UCLA football starts on Monday! We are basically getting laughed off of every national media outlet, so we've got nowhere to go but up!
* You know you're proud to be an American when you pump your fist in celebration for a freakin' Kobe Bryant score. OK USA!

I guess that's it for now.

No comments: