There's not many other types of weekends that can top a wedding weekend. The food, the family, the handsome pictures, and the alcohol. Throw in my not-so-little brother's 21st birthday and a hotel room across from the San Diego skyline, and you might possibly have Weekend of the Year, Carl, Weekend of the Yeaaaar.
It was a busy weekend, with everyone getting pulled different directions and the Nocon Edition putting the final touches on our masterpiece. But Saturday night we found ourselves pushing and fighting through the sweaty crowd at Bar Basic for Lance's first night of drinking. . . legally. We danced and laughed, and I believe my bro got obliterated. I can't say I actually saw him yack, but seeing him walk around the hotel with double-stacked plastic bags all day Sunday tells me "mission accomplished."
Kuya War's wedding was outside (like Zack & Kelly!) under the setting San Diego sun. That was refreshing. His brother, Kuya Jr., donned a shiny white Navy suit and conducted the wedding. Style points there fa sho. And the reception was a whopping 2-minute walk away immediately after. Now that's convenience. I'm no expert at interior design and all that, but that ballroom looked fucking splendid.
Nocon Edition did their thing (hopefully Ralph Tresvant himself approves this one too), drinks were consumed, and best of all, Kuya Warren and his wife looked completely happy. By the end of the night I was stuffed with chicken and beer, put away two bags of Jelly Bellies and 8 red vines, won thousands of play dollars in hold em, and had a stack of photo booth pictures. Don't ask me how the heck that all happens at a wedding, but that was the beauty of it. And it was fu n.
The post-wedding festivities were pretty calm. Me and Kuya Dre made a Denny's run (that Slamburger truly is slammin), and I watched my bro chug an incredible amount of Ciroc in Steve's hotel room while Steve tried to holler at my lesbian cousin. Fun times.
On Monday we had a delicious Hawaiian lunch at Kuya War's, and then I watched one of the greatest spectacles of UCLA football I've ever witnessed in my short lifetime as a Bruin. The only time I've ever been more excited about Bruin football was beating USC two seasons ago. What might make this more special is that the USC game was more about how the Trojans lost the game than how UCLA won it. This time, it's all about UCLA. I never thought I'd see a September day where I'd read the LA Times and see UCLA football at the top. Go Bruins and best of luck to Coach New Highs-el for the rest of this season!
Yesterday, Katrina came over and we had an oh so romantic night of watching Law & Order SVU and me falling asleep with my head buried in her neck. It's the simple things that make me happy.
Oh, and today was like, the craziest fucking day at work. I'd go into more detail, but my company's suffered enough embarrassment. It makes Dunder Mifflin look like Google.
That's all, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment