It's all quiet at work. Half the company's on vacation it seems. My supervisor's gone. It's just me and the Mexican guy in our department, and we're itching to get out of here.
4th of July
I must say I had a spectacular 4th. We played some brutal games of football with Kuya Dre & Justin's friends in Brea. I think I came away with 3 TD's and some 2-point conversions, but I'm more PO'd about my TO drops and Sammy Davis coverage. God bless football.
Kuya Dre hosted another stellar BBQ at his house. Eat, eat, swim, eat, eat. God bless the Delos Reyes Family.
Me and the host then defeated Justin and Kuya Virg in pool basketball. I won't get too excited cause Justin had some blisters on his feet and I'm gagging thinking about how they must've looked like scraping the bottom of the pool.
The main event, however, was me and Kuya Dre vs. Uncle Sonny (Justin and Kuya Dre's pops) and Uncle Boyee. That shit was like Rocky Balboa vs. Mason "The Line" Dixon. Our opponents must've had a combined age of 250, but they squeaked out a victory. I can't be too sure that there wasn't some Kobe vs. Suns Game 7 2006 tanking going on there though. Then the two uncles battled each other in a scrappy one-on-one battle that ended in Uncle Sonny securing his position as Supreme Pool Basketball Champ, having won in both singles and doubles action. St. John the Baptist that shit was funny!
Made it back to LA in time to catch fireworks in Marina Del Rey with K-Mar. The fireworks themselves were a little weak, but they did the job. It was a grand time, like Zack Morris and Stacy Karosi inside the Malibu Sands cafe. God bless fireworks over the water!
I haven't had a 5-day workweek in a while, thanks to Summer Fridays and the holiday, so I'm having a lot of fun. Still starving for a new job, but I'm steady grindin (man that's hood) sending my resume out and interviewing. And things are so slow here so it's not too shabby.
Can't wait for the weekend! Marc's in town! The 777 fiasco tomorrow! And does anyone know if you need your passport now to get back into the U.S. from Mexico??
Lastly, Happy birthday Ate Liselle! May God grant you an even faster typing speed!
No comments:
Post a Comment