Saturday, June 30, 2007

A normal entry

Last Weekend

I get 4 Fridays off during the summer, so last Friday was my first. Me and the GF went to the Del Mar Fair. I'm a nostalgic person, so I like to call places by the name they had at the time when I formed my first great memories of the place (i.e. Berto's instead of Alvaro's). So until further notice, the SD County Fair is STILL the Del Mar Fair.

The good memories kept on coming this time at the Fair. Non-stop eating of fried foods, an elephant ride, a skyride, some beer, and watching my girlfriend pet some filthy looking farm animals. And I mustered up enough manhood to win a stuffed animal for her (pretty tiny though).

We hit up Yogurt World for the first time after. I was pretty anti-frozen yogurt before (I'm anti-anything that's a healthy alternative to something more delicious--in this case, ice cream), but these Pink Berry add-your-own topping yogurt joints are getting pretty good. Am I turning into a chick?

*Sidenote: I'm pretty sure there's a stripper (male, ew) nextdoor. Loud music rocking our walls. A knocking on their door by a guy saying "LA Police Department" but suddenly followed by girls screaming. I don't think I've ever heard the sounds of a bachelorette party before. Pretty interesting.

Anyway, last Friday night was finished off with tall cans of 211 at Kuya Pogz's. I couldn't finish mine. We used to put steel reserves down like water our 1st and 2nd year of college. I blame it on the fair food and frozen yogurt making me full, but I definitely have to redeem myself at the 7/7 Birthday Bash.

Saturday was a trifecta of grad parties. Rowell, Rick, and Murrvelle's all get stellar ratings in the food category. Rowell's was a very fine selection of traditional Filipino foods. Rick's was a more eclectic blend of Asian delights and fancy-looking appetizers. I was way full by the time I got to the Commish's but was still able to put down various chicken dishes and roast beef and mashed potatoes mM! Congratulations to all for getting them degrees. I wish graduations were year-around.

Sunday, I was back in LA at Alex's baptism. Me and Jus hadn't been to church in months, and it showed in our behavior during the mass. What a bad example we set for the little cousins.

The reception was at Buffet City, and I am very proud to say that Ate Irma and White Justin chose the spot since it did the job for my graduation last year. This also completed one of my most food-filled 3 days in history: the Fair, 3 family parties, and the buffet. Girlfriend, friends, family. Life doesn't get any better than that.

Back at work

Not much going on here. Time flies when you're doing mindless spreadsheets and constantly checking new job postings.

Bye bye, Annie

Another Saxon original and Freshmen Orientation 109 alum has moved to the Bay. I'm gonna miss Annie cause she always has a unique view on things, and she is always down for her friends. Good luck in the Bay with the new business Annie!

This Weekend

As you can see, I'm home on a Saturday night. And it feels goooood. All I've done this weekend is eat, sleep, and play basketball. And watch the Padres school the Dodgers on TV.

Friday, I had a job interview. I woke up 15 minutes before it started. I was only 10 minutes late since it's down the freeway, but the bad start set the tone for the rest of the interview.

I'm a clutch oversleeper. I've pretty much overslept the day of anything important a man could sleep through. If not for Gordon waking me up most of these times, it'd be even worse.

But that's my job outlook now. One bad interview. Another company scheduled for Tuesday, but I see no real moves being made yet. Just the start of a long grind.

I hope to post pictures up next time. Peace!

2 comments:

Marc R. said...

so how many pounds did you add?

flashgordon said...

apparently i haven't been keeping up with your blog b/c you have a shitload of entries.

i don't think i've woken you up THAT many times. aside from the interview and maybe a midterm/final in college...?