#001
She stands up for herself.
Not just her for herself, but for her family, her friends, and for anything she believes in. Shoot, if I got into it with some guy trying to run game on her, she'd stand up for me too. I have a small fear that if I had to throw down, she might get the first lick in and leave me looking like a chump, like Will after Lisa beat down Dark Gable at the bowling alley. Or Zack after Christy the wrestler put the cross-face chicken wing on those hoodlums from Valley at the Max.
She knows very well what she believes as right or wrong, fair or unfair. Today, she had an opportunity to voice some discontent she had at work. She didn't back down from The Man. She wasn't scared to rock the office boat a little, even if it meant risking her boss' comfort with her. She put in her two cents and then some, and they listened, and they've responded.
Who knows if I'd ever have the guts to do that. When the time comes for me to stand up and say "No, fuck that", I'll need to borrow some guts from her and from the other examples of strong, uncompromising loved ones in my life.
So congratulations to my girlfriend Katrina for speaking up to her superiors. I know it's a rare thing because I've seen and overheard hundreds of office bitching sessions, and in most cases none of it gets voiced to those in charge. Show me how you do that, cause that's why I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment