Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Days 1 & 2

The first two days at work have been swell.

I share an open space with two other people. Lots of room but no cubicle walls or anything. So no more picking my nose or sneaking farts out of the sides of my butt.

The nearest Subway is half a mile away. It used to be downstairs at my old job. But maybe I'll lose even more weight having to walk that half mile.

I'm very awkward socially. I can talk to people one on one. But over the years I've always struggled with groups, so it's torture at team lunches or before meetings. People usually talk about things I don't care about or have no experience with (i.e. traveling, pop culture), and I have really bad timing trying to chime in and say something un-idiotic. The world would be a much warmer place if we could all just discuss how to improve the Chargers defense.

There's only two stalls in the bathroom, which makes me feel nervous for some reason. With 3 or more stalls, you feel like no one knows you're in there dropping the deuce. Two stalls or less makes me feel too exposed.

My job is a lot more fast-paced and has more potential for stress. I really liked doing advertising research, but it was a lot like college in that I was forced to sit still and learn some interesting but totally random and irrelevant shit. I'm not sure if I've got the instincts of a good media planner, but I like always being on the move cause it keeps me awake and the day goes by fast.

That's how things are going so far. Yup.

No comments: