Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Notes on the Weekend

Friday was Ninong Nick's wedding. Much has been written and said over the past two and a half years about the subject, and at this point, all of it doesn't really matter anymore. Kuya Nick and his family lived the closest to mine when I was a kid, and they all had a huge hand in raising me and Lance. I lasted three days at KinderCare preschool when I was 4 because I wouldn't stop crying for my mom, and it was Kuya Nick's grandma on his mom's side that accepted the monumental task of babysitting my spoiled, crybaby ass. Their family made me feel comfortable enough to spend every day there cry-fee until my mom got out of work. After spending most of my elementary school years in the district's after-school daycare service and hating it, Kuya Nick (and sometimes Ate Michelle) was the one who picked me and Lance up from school and watched us cause we were tired of that corny ass daycare. He fed us, helped us with our homework, played the coolest hits of the mid-90's during car rides, and even showed us squiggly. Only real g's know bout the squiggly.

So as sad as I am that things have turned out the way they have, I must say that someone who's shown this much love for me in my life will always have my love and support. Nothing should stand in between him and complete happiness, and that makes me glad to have gotten to experience a part of that night. Congratulations, Kuy.

****

I spent Saturday with my girlfriend's family. Unlike the Nocons, they treat boyfriends in the family with openness and friendliness, so it's always a good time. I was especially happy that night because I got to play a significant role in ensuring the "surprise" portion of her cousin's surprise birthday party. It was a good feeling making the day special for a loved one of my loved one.

****

Sunday I took Aidan and Ava to Color Me Mine. Those are some well-behaved kids man. Always polite, always thankful, and cute as a button. Kuya Pogz and Jas joined me, making it a nice day of sun, paint, and catching up. Katrina also met up with us later and got to witness firsthand how adorable the next generation of Nocon is.

Night time was game time. Don't need too many words to convey to you that this game was fucking sweet. A bunch of the guys went to Rick's house, and the best way for me to describe my boys watching this game is to post this video:



*****

Work has been good. I get to have interesting meetings about media and advertising, go to expensed lunches at decent restaurants, and still have a buttload of work to do at my desk, so the day flies by. The people are cool, and the guy I share a workspace with is from San Diego so our spot is slowly becoming the Chargers Fan Headquarters of the agency. That's all I've got to say about that.

This weekend should be a doozy. A lot of my UCLA friends are running in the Nike half-marathon in Frisco, so it's time to put on my best Charger jersey, hop on a plane, and get dumb dumb dumb dumb.

No comments: