This past weekend was Katrina's birthday, and I think she had fun. I did all I could to be there blowing out the candles with her family, to give her a decent gift, allow her to spend fun, drunken times with her best friends, and then make sure she got home safe and sound with me. Along with the help of my roomates and cousin and brother, I think we got the job done, and we had just as much fun. Happy birthday, sweet thang! I love you.
********
Today is Election Day, and I can't vote. With all the liberal huffing and puffing and wannabe radical revolutionaryness I showed in college, it's a pity that I sit here now with no chance to vote.
Basically, I didn't realize there were certain rules to maintaining my status as an absentee voter, and now I've lost my status as a registered voter entirely. So I applaud everyone who participated in this great American privilege, while I flick myself in the nuts for becoming so self-absorbed with the real world that I lost any enthusiasm I had for social consciousness in college.
For what it's worth, I'm in moral support of Obama because his stances make the most sense. I'm probably not qualified to represent them adequately here, but basically he reminds me more of President David Palmer from 24 (both in character and skin color) than the other guy. And President Palmer (may he rest in peace), is like, the ultimate noble President.
I also put my non-existing vote in Obama's corner because the Republican administration and McCain's campaign resemble the Chargers defense. Mismanaged and stupid execution. Plus I think the idea of Obama as President will disrupt society. His appearance and his politics will send shockwaves throughout the world. And just like the Charger's defense, a little disruption at the top can't do anything but help since things have been so bad.
Yes, I just compared the most historic political race in this nation's history to 11 guys on a losing football team. Spontinuity baby. Go Blue & Gold! Go Blue states!
No comments:
Post a Comment