Manhattan is like a Disneyland of great food, desserts, coffee, alcohol, and shopping. Something interesting is happening just about everywhere you look. People aren't that mean. Unique architecture everywhere. Yankee fans actually attend weekday games and cheer passionately. "Stomp" lived up to the hype.
And really, the city never sleeps.
I think that was what the nocturnal owl in me enjoyed best.
And now, a few things that prevent me from up and moving to the Big Apple as soon as I could afford it: It's humid as fuck in the summer. Walking and public transportation are cool, but not when it's humid as fuck in the summer. Small apartments and cramped spaces are kind of charming, but not when it's humid as fuck in the summer. Everyone is frantically rushing around like they gotta drop a deuce at whatever their next stop is, and that's a little too much effort for a slow poke like me. Plus I'm even slower in the summer when it's humid as fuck.
All in all, one of the best vacations I ever had. Ate, laughed, drank, explored, slept, and discovered. I just realized this was my longest vacation without my family, and I couldn't ask for a better experience with my friends. I'm pretty sure the travel bug has officially bit me, but I've got an anti-itch cream for that called stinginess.
So until that wears off, LA I'm back and got a newfound appreciation for your ocean breezes, ample personal spaces, and my car!!!
1 comment:
lol seanathan! ugh i do not like new york/ east coast for humidity and RATS in the subway. and trash in the street waiting to be collected. grossness! but yes ny does have good food and even some of our good friends :) glad you enjoyed your trip! kj
Post a Comment