Well I'm back and shit.
Nothing extraordinary or life-changing has happened since the last time.
I'm still consumed by work. I put in 10-hour days on the average. Katrina told me it was getting dark so early this week cause of the time change. I didn't notice cause I was never outside to see the sun go down in August and September anyway.
Life flies by outside of work. Everything is in streaks. Me going to the gym 2 days straight, then not at all for a week. Me getting to work early 3 days in a row, then coming in 30 minutes late on the 4th day. I know a daily routine is impossible, but a little consistency wouldn't hurt.
Most of the time has been uneventful, but there were some great hearty moments of laughter and fun that will be remembered for a long time. To try and re-tell them out of the blue on here wouldn't do them justice, so no go with that.
I do have some sick links though.
Found this band on MySpace. They're hot. Be their friend. Man, it's been a long time since "Valentine" dropped in 2002.
And the Feature Presentation, from Ate Jan's birthday back in April:
Just Once.
I don't know why I like this video so much. First of all, we're singing James Ingram. Second, we're dressed like buffoons. Third, everyone starts popping into the frame like the freakin Brady Bunch theme song. And lastly, we're so concerned with how damn good we look no one realizes it's a video. That 50 seconds pretty much captured what it means to be a Nocon - classic slow jams, overconsumption of alcohol, a little bit of narcissism, but most of all, a love for each other that makes us want to be included in picture perfect moments like that.
Kudos to Katrina for holding up the camera as if she was taking a picture but really intending to capture embarrassing acts on tape and then uploading this.
Well I think I'll stop here. Back to the West Coast offense attack on this journal. Instead of always going for the long bombs, I'll keep them short and frequent and hope to just move them chains. Doesn't work for the UCLA football fans, but hopefully fans of the blog will have better luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment