Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Blue Magic

Two words that describe my Sunday night best.

Last night I watched "American Gangster." It was pretty superb. Can't think of a single thing wrong with the movie, and I'd dare to say it's the best movie I've seen this year.

The other form of Blue Magic I witnessed wasn't powder white like the heroin in the movie, but powder blue on the football field. What an insane Chargers-Colts game. I've never been so disgusted and thrilled at the same time. It was ugly, and it was controversial, but you gotta love how the Chargers (OK maybe just the special teams and defense) didn't quit and when luck was on their side, they put up just enough of a fight to hold onto it. A win's a win, and the most important thing is that the team is better off winning this game ugly than losing it period.

The rest of the weekend was splendid. Me and the Samahottie went to Laguna Beach for a day of ocean air, small-town shopping, and good eats. I highly recommend both the Vacation Village hotel and the Beach House restaurant. Also, I'm sorry to inform everyone that Lauren and Steven aren't walking the streets of Laguna Beach Saturday afternoons as I had pictured.

Work was draining today. But two girls on my team baked dozens of cookies and cupcakes for a bake sale to raise money for a breast cancer research foundation. I thought it was refreshing. You sit in a room for 10 to 12 hours a day and you forget there's a real world outside with problems bigger than how many people are clicking on your annoying ads. And what's even better, it's possible to care about both.

I'm stoked for tomorrow. After both teams survived grueling battles in the first round of the CBE tonight, the fierce Coyotoes of Cal State Bernardino will face the mighty Bruins of UCLA at Pauley Pavilion. And me, Jamil, Justin (the fiercest Coyote of them all) and Tiff will be there!

My first game back at Pauley since me and Jamil's glory days with The Den courtside. Eat the Coyotes alive, Bruins!!!

No comments: