Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bandwagoners, this is your stop.

It has just dawned on me that today may be the official beginning of the end of the Chargers season. If they lose to the ridiculous Raiders tonight and the bitch ass Broncos win on Sunday, we will be mathematically out of the running for the playoffs.

So in hoping for something that has never ever happened in the NFL--*a team gaining 3 games in the standings during the last 4 games of the season--I am pledging to do something that I personally would never ever do in return.

I'll call it my San Diego Chargers 2008 Playoff Pledge.

If the Chargers make it to the playoffs this year, I, Sean C. C., pledge to....(Justin stop reading here):

PAINT MY TOENAILS BLUE & GOLD.

AND WEAR FLIP FLOPS EVERY WEEKEND DURING WHICH THE CHARGERS ARE STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I'm serious. This may be the last Charger game I get to enjoy with the glimmer of hope that there is life after the regular season. So I will lay it all out there and wish that the Chargers do the same on the field.

If you'd like to join me in making a 2008 Playoff Pledge, please do so here. If not, then watch and hope with me that my hairy toes will be shining blue & gold for LA to see come January.

Go Chargers!!!

*Note: I really don't know if coming back from 3 games back in the final 4 weeks of a regular season has never happened. I just thought it sounded cool. Feel free to be a Tony Reali and correct me on that one.

1 comment:

Justin said...

That's gay.

And disgusting.