Thursday, December 11, 2008

I have not had a day off since the start of December.

I have not Christmas shopped. I have not seen a single highlight from UCLA vs. USC. I respond to AIM messages hours later, and I don't return phone calls because most people are asleep by the time I get off work.

I missed my grandma blowing out her cake for her 84th birthday, I missed LT pop another TD on the Raiders, and nowadays I don't get to talk to my girlfriend on the phone until she's already half asleep.

I'd be mad, but at 7pm every night the past eleven days, the same middle-aged Hispanic lady who works for the building comes and picks up my trash and smiles. Her day at the office just started, and I'm sure she has kids and a husband that don't see her and gatherings she'd like to be at but will never see, and that's probably the way it's been for years.

So I, slouching in my springy office chair wearing a clean pressed button-up staring at stupid little numbers for twice the paycheck, get reminded that I just need to chill out bro.

2 comments:

CommanderCacho said...

you're living the american dream. we are very proud.

misskrisnicole said...

Lance said it proper, we are all so proud of you. You're hard work is admirable Kuya :)