The past day had so many twists and turns that it seemed like an episode of 24. Except I handled the obstacles with none of the supreme manliness that Jack Bauer epitomizes.
But what was supposed to be a routine Thursday turned into an 18-hour workday. And then what was supposed to be a half-day Friday to reward my team for working until 3AM last night turned into an idontknowwhatthefucktocallit.
Basically the end result of all this is me in bed at my apartment now, when instead I should be rocking out on some karaoke with Justin and Lance in Fontana like I had been planning all week. I'm still in LA, scheduled to go back into the office Saturday morning. Losing some quality time with cousins I miss. And possibly missing what's supposed to be the biggest game of my team's college football season.
Somewhere in there I also managed to do some hardcore shopping at one of those trendy warehouse sales, as well as spend attend a splendid little birthday party with Katrina in Pasadena.
So as my boy Austin would say, "...and I'm spent."
No comments:
Post a Comment