Still not updating much.
Lately at work I've actually been working. What a novel idea. And when I'm not, I'm searching for new work somewhere else.
I think my lack of motivation here and with my advertising class has crept into the rest of my life. My room's a mess. I eat like Pumba. I hit the gym only once this week. I stopped reading news and am barely keeping up with sports. And summer's only depressing me because it means I'm one year out of college and am headed nowhere fast.
The only things that keep me going are the people.
Katrina and the class of '07 graduated from UCLA this weekend. Im very very proud of my girlfriend. Getting a degree is no joke, especially when you're busy saving the world from ignorance and oppression at the same time. Can't wait to see what she does in the real world.
I got to meet most of her family this weekend. Don't know how I did. It's like trying to predict how deep a team will go into the playoffs after one regular season game.
P-Grad was also a time to see old faces. Boy do I feel old.
I also must give great congratulations to anyone who graduated this year, winter or spring. Good luck to everyone! Every one who's moved on to the next level inspires me to find my own next level so I can make just as big a step.
I saw my co-worker Scott in a play. He's an actor who is forced to work alongside me in the traffic struggle so he can pay bills while he tries to break into Hollywood. I've never watched a play, but "Proof" seem pretty well-written and my co-worker deserves whatever award theater people get that's comparable to an Oscar.
Kathleen quietly moved to the Bay this weekend. Another one bites the dust from Saxon. Kathleen was probably the 4th friend I made at UCLA, and she's one of those people who will stick around for life. Good luck Kathlen J!
The Rose is officially vacant. Van Nuys will disperse soon. Soon it'll be a handful of us from UCLA still hanging out. It's a little like high school, but it took longer for everyone to go their separate ways. Ah, the memories.
Big Jus and I had dinner at Norm's Tuesday. We ate there cause Noodle Planet was closed. Sometimes I think he's the only who's down to eat at those places with me in LA. Everyone else has gotten tired of them or their tastes are too elevated, but not Big Jus. Another reason why we're BCFs. Thanks for dinner man, that was very John the Baptist-like of you.
I get tomorrow off! And a fun-packed weekend to distract me from my mundane workweek. Woohoo!
On a random note, here's a playlist I compiled at work to pick up the mood in my department. It's all very Motown and 70s/80s-influenced oldies (thanks to Music History 64 and the Nocons), but this is the shit that me and the old folks here can both enjoy. I recommend opening it in Windows media and putting it on Shuffle, and then drift on the memories. . . .
1 comment:
That is a stellar playlist.
Post a Comment