I've been neglecting this.
Why? I'm becoming mildly obsessed with finding a new job. I've all but given up on getting a creative job in advertising. Reality says it will take too much time and extra effort to put together a decent portfolio. But at least I took a stab at it.
Now what? Elephino. What I do know is that I'm not making progress where I am now. I don't have my heart set on what I want to do in this industry, but any other department will do I guess.
I've had two splendid weekends in a row.
Two weekends ago, UCLA came down to SD. We tried to do as much as possible in 36 hours--Bertos, Visions, Landlords, Tajima, Extraordinary, Fashion, Tokyo Sushi, Excelsior, Bertos, home-cooked Filipino food and beyond. I think everyone saw the best and boringest that SD had to offer, and major thanks to Jamil for housing everybody.
Random comments I have from the weekend:
Bertos sucks. I should stop calling it Bertos now. It's not the same.
Tokyo Sushi is like a day-care/club/sushi bar all in one.
I guess the Visions era is over.
This past weekend it was all about my man main Justin. Friday we chilled at his house eating fine Chinese food and watching Norbit (my 3rd time). Quality times, quality times.
Saturday we played football! Woohoo man I love football. It was an older crowd but man I was gassed. I hope I stay in shape like all of Kuya Dre and Jus' friends. My team came away with two wins and I had some lucky circus catches, so the 2007-2008 season is off to a stellar start. It's Monday night and I'm still sore and in pain.
Afterwards we sat in Kuya Dre's backyard and ate delicious BBQ from 12:30 til sundown. Seriously, it was grab a plate, eat, save the plate, shoot the gift, see the new meat off the grill, eat again, shoot the gift, save the plate, see the new meat off the grill, eat again, shoot the gift, over and over again with some dessert items sprinkled in every few rounds.
Then me and Jus DOMINATED Lance and Joey in some intense pool basketball. Gotta give credit to the young'ns for a hard-fought game despite being overmatched.
Sunday we helped My and Eric move into their new apartment. The disintegration of LA continues. The Rose girls will part this week, and another chapter in Saxon history will close.
Well, I'll cut it off here. I seem to only write about the weekends. Not much goes on during the week other than me scheming how I'ma get out of this joint.
My name is Darnell Henderson, and I just wanna say to the fine bowl of pineapple juice who sometimes wears yellow: HAPPY 8 MONTHS!
2 comments:
Thanks for making me look like Sammy Davis on Saturday. You're a frickin' stud on the football field, man.
was reading this:
http://people.howstuffworks.com/ad-slogan.htm
and thought of you.. enjoy!
Post a Comment